Wednesday 12 September 2012

Hillsborough




I saw this today quoted by someone on Facebook who I'm glad to say is not a friend of mine and the only reason I saw this is because a mutual "friend" a former PCSO replied. There was a lot more involved with the quote but this is the part that actually made my blood boil and considering earlier today I had a message sent by a friend who is not Job stating that:

"South Yorkshire Police have done a lot of damage to police image"

this just made me even angrier.

The excert is as follows:

Shame on you every member of every police force in this great nation, for you should all now be ashamed of your chosen profession. As you now go about your daily duties, I hope every one of you will feel the distaste that we, the people you are supposed to protect, will have for you as we see you on our streets.


What a positively disgusting and ill educated sweeping statement to make!

I am NOT ashamed of my profession because of the totally inept, corrupt actions of those made over TWENTY YEARS AGO!

I was FIFTEEN YEARS OLD in 1989!

I have officers on my shift who weren't even born when this disaster happened! So, are you saying they should feel shame too?

I chose my profession, to serve, to make a difference and to lock up bad guys!

If the sight of me on the street makes you feel sick, then take your Daily Mail reading behind, back in doors and don't come out!

What sickens me more, is that you will only too quickly pick up the phone to call us and want us to your house in five minutes if you discover a burglary! Of course, yours will be the only crime being committed at the time and it'll be our fault we have no officers to come to your aid as soon as you want!

The dreadful, disgusting actions and lies that were made 23 years ago DO NOT reflect the work of the good men and women who put themselves on the front line day in, day out with little regard from YOU and the public. We face cut after cut, after cut, yet we still, every day, turn up for work to protect YOU!

I am shocked and appalled at the disgusting cover up by those who worked on the Hillsborough disaster. Those that did this should be brought to task no matter who they were. Those families deserved justice and they finally got it. To claim their loved ones stole, obstructed emergency services, urinated on the dead and helpers and to find out that was all a lie, is utterly absymal!

Your attack on the police as a whole is disgusting and is not helpful in anyway to those who are trying to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives. It is hurtful and tasteless. You are tarring all police officers with the same brush. We are not robots in uniform, we are human. This is the same problem I get trying to put across to other people who still stare at us as if we have two heads.

You are probably one of these people who sneers at us, where others smile.

I and many officers had great fun with the public over the London games.

You cannot spoil that for me and I refuse to believe that every member of the public has disdain for us.

How dare you speak for all of them.

I still enjoy my job, even if it means one day I may have to come to your unthankful aid.



Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/responseplod
Or @responseplod #ResponsePlod

2 comments:

the headmaster said...

The police have the support and respect of the majority of citizens in this country and rightly so. The actions of years ago were awful but need to be viewed in the prevailing political climate, perpetuated by an unfeeling and scathing Tory Government presided over by the closest thing to evil that I have ever witnessed in a position of trust and authority. She has blood on her hands.

Jackdaw Jayne Studios said...

It's a shame that the media seem only to focus on a minority of big mouthed, Daily Mail reading imbeciles and not the thousands of people who respect and are thankful that men (and women) like you put their lives on the line for us (the general public) every day to protect us and keep us safe.

Like most things reported by the media they are either very sparing with the truth or bent so out of proportion it's almost unrecognizable.

This sells papers and makes headline news stories and panders to the two brain-celled imbeciles looking for any reason to lambast the Police force and anyone in authority.

It's just a shame that some of these idiots don't get a chance to add their names to a black-list so you needn't be bothered by their hypocrisy when they suddenly need you to sort out a burglary for them!

THANKYOU for doing what you do!