Saturday 26 March 2011

UKUnCut March 26







Today I have met some wonderful people. People I would not have thought that my job as hated as it can be at times would have crossed my path or touched me in ways that my job has done before.

I'll be honest with you from the off. I hate policing demos. We always end up the target for hate. A tool of the government to throw bottles and stones at. We get screamed at that we are breaching civil and human rights never mind the fact that they've been throwing missiles at us for hours.

Today, was different in so many ways.

I met people who are in the same boat as us. Facing an uncertain future, facing massive cuts and exploitation by a government that not only are threatening our very existences, have lied to us all.

I met a family with their young Son on the way there who had travelled a hundred or so miles to show their support for everyone of us facing cuts be them doctors, nurses, teachers, fire brigade even Union of boilermakers.

I spoke with them for some time and they thanked us for helping them demonstrate safely and that they know we face an uncertain future but cannot demonstrate with us.

I became worried for them, as I had heard no issues on my radio of trouble but soon as they had gone from sight, the trouble began.

These anarchists can only be described as mindless thugs hell bent on destruction, hijacking any reason just to have a fight.

These people did not represent any of those I saw today. Decent, hard working folk who are concerned not only for their future, but their children's futures and their children's children's future.

To those I did manage to speak to I thanked. I thanked them for demonstrating a worthy and just cause and to prove that us decent hard working people will not just go gently into that good night.

I thanked them because I could not join them. They were our voice today too and they did us proud.

However to those who set out to destroy that message today by destruction.

Shame on you!

Follow me on Twitter
www.twitter.com/ResponsePlod
@ResponsePlod #ResponsePlod

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Those thugs that cause trouble and just want to smash things up and have a go at the police annoy me so much!

Just thoughtless selfish individuals that are just intent on violence and causing trouble.